The Celebration of Halloween – Article on Where did Halloween come from
Día De Los Muertos Virtual Fiesta // Fiesta Virtual at the Coachella Cemetery
Monday, November 2, 2020, 10 AM to 2 PM
For more information visit CoachellaCemetery.org
English Facebook Event link: https://fb.me/e/cPk4tI6nM
Evento de Facebook en español (Spanish Facebook Event link): https://fb.me/e/dgfKa4eOF
LIVE VIRTUAL EVENT ONLINE HERE ONLY! Watch here November 2nd, 10AM to 2PM.
This year’s Día De Los Muertos event will take place exclusively online here, allowing everyone to participate in the remembrance of loved ones and celebration of a beloved Mexican tradition from the safety of their home.
The event is FREE, bilingual, and features:
- virtual memorial wall displaying photos of loved ones who have passed away. Click here to submit your photo & information for the virtual memorial wall.
- special messages and blessings from Rev. Francisco Gomez, S.T., of Our Lady of Soledad Church in Coachella, CA, and the Very Rev. Alex Gamino, V.F., from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church in Indio, CA
- mariachis, dancers, and popular local English- and Spanish- language musicians, including Mariachi Nuevo Amanecer, Ballet Folklorico Sol Del Desierto, The Flashback Boyz, & PescaTerritory
- beautiful ofrendas (altars) and nichos (niches) from the community, including local residents, the Coachella Valley History Museum, and Raices Cultura
- kids’ storytime read by Gregoria Rodriguez of the Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert
- Día De Los Muertos make-up tutorial by well-known local makeup artist, Nicole Maria Fernandez
- Giveaways with great prizes from locally-owned Coachella Valley restaurants and shops. Click here to enter.
- special messages from CVPCD Board Members
People are strongly encouraged to stay home to celebrate. To prevent large groups from congregating at the cemetery:
- hours on October 31, November 1, and November 2 are limited to 8 AM to 3 PM
- only pedestrian traffic will be allowed on cemetery grounds (no vehicles)
- masks are required
- groups must be kept to 10 people or less
- increased security will be on-site to enforce guidelines